CNSC is proud to have provided California Public Utilities Commission’s Telecommunication Education & Assistance in Multiple-Languages (TEAM) Program since July 2008. The goal of this program is to assist California consumers, who have limited English language skills, with consumer fraud disputes. We help these consumers find solutions to any problem they may have with their telecommunications bill and educate them on consumer rights.
If you have any questions regarding telecommunication fraud, please contact us at (415) 421-2111.
California Lifeline Program
Discounted Home Phone or Pre-Paid Cell Phone Services
- A family can have only ONE Lifeline plan—a cell phone or landline.
- Your plan may be cancelled if you attempt to enroll in a cell phone and landline. You may be charged the regular rates.
- Be careful of additional charges and early termination fees.
- Understand the cost of a new telephone plan.
Do you qualify for the California Lifeline Program?
You may be eligible if you (or a member of your household) are enrolled in:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Food Stamps or SNAP, WIC, NSL, TANF
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation
Household income, generally, must be within 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.