What is the Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic?
LITC’s are independent from the IRS but receive some of their funding from the IRS through the LITC grant program. Each clinic determines whether prospective clients meet income guidelines and other criteria before agreeing to represent them.
We provide education for low income taxpayers and taxpayers who speak English as a second language (ESL) about their taxpayer rights and responsibilities.
Getting Help from the LITC
LITC’s represent low income individuals in disputes with the Internal Revenue Service, including audits, appeals, collection matters, and federal tax litigation. LITC’s can slo help taxpayers respond to IRS notices and correct account problems.
We handle all kinds of tax issues, including Earned Income Tax Credit, file status, exceptions, and so on.Watch Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download
- The amount of the controversy for a taxable year will not exceed the amount specified by the IRS, currently $50,000.
- Taxpayer income limits:
- Family size of 1: $29,700
- Family size of 2: $40,050
- Family size of 3: $50,400
- Family size of 4: $60,750
- For family size over 4, add $10,150 for each additional person.
Make an appointment: (415) 421-2111
Or send email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or one-on-one consultations (An Appointment is preferred)
Please prepare the required documents:
- Income records
- Social Security Card
- All tax bills, documents or notices issued by the Internal Revenue Department or from the tax court
- Questionable tax returns