CNSC is one of the first Bay Area Community-based Organization to Offer Tax Counselling for the Elderly Program (TCE).
The TCE Program helps provide electronic filing of your income tax returns. CNSC will offer this service on appointment basis. Funded by the federal government, this program helps elderly taxpayers age 60 or over with their tax problems. To get this free tax assistance, you have to register with the CNSC by visiting our center. Please register early so you can see our tax experts. CNSC offers this program at varies neighborhood locations.
- In 2012, CNSC filed over 1,800 tax returns and assisted taxpayers in recovering a total of over $1.6 million in refunds.
- In 2013, CNSC filed over 2,000 tax returns and assisted taxpayers in recovering a total of over $1.8 million in refunds.
Those who want to enjoy this free service must meet the following criteria:
- Household annual gross income must not exceed: $51,000 in 2012
- No residential properties sale in the United States and overseas.
- No rental income.
- One tax return for each appointment. Taxpayers’ children who file their own tax return must make individual appointment, with exceptions to children under 18 years old or college students only.
- To cancel an appointment, please notify us at least seven days before your appointment date.
- Please come to the site on time for your appointment. Late comers may not be served.
- This free Income Tax Return service is by appointment only. Walk-in taxpayers may not be served.