Chinese Newcomers Service Center’s VITA Program helps provide electronic filing of your income tax returns. CNSC will offers free tax help for taxpayers who qualify for this service on appointment basis. To get this free tax assistance, you have to register with the CNSC by visiting our center. Please register early so you can see our tax experts. CNSC offers this program at varies neighborhood locations.
CNSC’s VITA program has been in operation for over 43 years since 1973. Many thanks to our volunteers for their dedicated work in helping low-income workers and families with their income tax problems.
- In 2012, CNSC filed over 1,800 tax returns and assisted taxpayers in recovering a total of over $1.6 million in refunds.
- In 2013, CNSC filed over 2,000 tax returns and assisted taxpayers in recovering a total of over $1.8 million in refunds.
- In 2014, CNSC filed over 2,200 tax returns and assisted taxpayers in recovering a total of over $2.2 million in refunds.
- In 2015, CNSC filed over 2,400 tax returns and assisted taxpayers in recovering a total of over $2.4 million in refunds.
Those who want to enjoy this free service must meet the following criteria:
- Household annual gross income must not exceed: $54,000
- No residential properties sale in the United States and overseas.
- No rental income.
- One tax return for each appointment. Taxpayers’ children who file their own tax return must make individual appointment, with exceptions to children under 18 years old or college students only.
- To cancel an appointment, please notify us at least seven days before your appointment date.
- Please come to the site on time for your appointment. Late comers may not be served.
- This free Income Tax Return service was by appointment only. Walk-in taxpayers may not be served.